|Title||Woodland School District No. 3 Reunion Booklet|
|Call Number||MSS 4|
|Dates of Creation||1980|
|Creator||Woodland School District No. 3 Reunion Committee|
|Scope & Content||
Contains the program for the Woodland School District No. 3 Reunion on 7/20/1980. The booklet contains the signatures of everyone who attended, a short history of the school, and a list of past teachers.
The first schoolhouse to be used in rural Clay County was a chapel, built in 1872 or '73. The chapel was used as a Union Church, public school and a town meeting hall until 1882 when a separate school building was erected at a cost of $300.00. This building was used until 1894 or '95 and then replaced with a new building at a cost of $500.00.
The first records on file for the school were from the teachers report for the year of 1878. The first financial report was from the year 1882. The first teacher was Nelson E. Fulton. The officers for the year 1882 were Charles Rugg, clerk, PP Still, director, Christian Anderson, Treasurer. Many of the first officers of the school board and pupils attending the school were from the English Colony which had settled east of Rollag.
-Taken from inside of Reunion Booklet
Woodland School District No. 3
|Access Conditions||There are no access restrictions on the materials, and the collection is open to all members of the public in accordance with state law.|
|Copyrights||The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming to the laws of libel, privacy, and copyright of the state of Minnesota which may be involved in the use of this collection.|
|Language of Material||English|
|Archival History||Donated by Norman Bjorndal, 1987|
Woodland School District Number 3 Reunion, 1980